Here’s the recipe for the famous Citrus Honey Tart.
Special equipment: A 22 cm diameter springform pan, a mandoline
- 250 g (1¾ cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 170g (¾ cup) butter, cut into 2.5 cm cubes, at room temperature
- 165 g (2/3 cup) Langnese Acacia Honey
Filling and assembly:
- 1 lemon
- 250 ml (1 cup) Langnese Acacia Honey
- 1 tbsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 35 g (¼ cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 170ml (2/3 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1 preserved lemon, thinly sliced for garnish
- Whisk flour, cornstarch, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place butter and honey in a food processor. Pulse until mixture is smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to food processor and pulse until combined. Transfer dough to prepared pan. Using your fingers, press dough evenly onto the bottom and 3.5 cm up sides of pan.
Basmaty Tip: Crust can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
For filling and assembly:
- Mix honey, and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Add lemon slices and toss to coat. Let sit until lemon is softened and honey is dissolved, 30-45 minutes. Basmaty Tip: lemon slices mixture can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- Place rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 160°C. Bake crust until center is firm to the touch and edges are beginning to turn golden brown, 30-35 minutes.
- When crust is almost done baking, whisk eggs and egg yolks in a medium bowl to blend.
- Whisk flour, cornstarch, and salt in a small bowl; add to egg mixture and whisk to combine.
- Whisk in lemon juice then add lemon slice mixture; mix gently to combine using a rubber spatula.
- Reduce oven temperature to 150°C. Pour the filling into hot crust. Add the preserved lemon on top then bake until filling is set and slightly puffed around edges, 25-30 minutes.
- Transfer the tart tin to a wire rack; let cool completely. Chill for at least 4 hours, then unmold. Serve cold.